22 June 2008

Inaugural Post

Hooray, we have a blog!

That is, we will have a blog, as soon as y'all start posting! I've collected some Exemplary Philosophy Blog Posts to inspire you. Here are some kinds of things you can write (and read) here:

Substantive philosophy stuff:
Institutionalized-philosophy stuff:
Posts that Solicit Comments:
Anything else we'd want to read:
An analytic philosopher and a continental philosopher walk into a bar. The bartender asks, “wadda ya havin?” The continental philosopher replies, “I will require an authentic, discursively enjoined, post-structuralist, disimmediated thing-in-itself.”

The bartender shakes his head and says, “I don’t get what you want.” The continental philosopher turns his nose up in the air and storms out of the bar. The bartender looks apologetically to the analytic philosopher and says, “I really couldn’t understand him.”

“Oh, I know!” replies the analytic philosopher. “As for me, I’ll have the same, without the adjectives.”

(This pep talk was brought to you by Swacrates, Our Founder, and by the "z" in Nietzsche, not pictured here.)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for setting this up! My house computer is really slow, so I won't really be able to get posting until I go back to DC where I can get wireless, though I may try to go to Starbucks today to make one post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see this online. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post until I get back from Hawai'i in August, but I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronni, which browser were you using when you got this (http://legacy.swarthmore.edu/Humanities/philosophy/rogues%20gallery.htm) page to work? It's the page which you called the Z in Nietzsche. I've tried it in Camino, Safari, and Firefox, and in none of them have any of the pictures displayed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy — The pictures didn't appear when I loaded the page, either. I think they were all hosted at the original swarthmore.edu/philosophy website, and didn't get transferred over.

    Too bad, those philosophers were super attractive for looking at! At least we still have these.

    ReplyDelete